Project of the Year 2016 Nomination Information
The Steel Erectors Association of America (SEAA) is conducting its 13th annual “Project of the Year” (POY) national competition. We are looking for steel erection projects by our member firms that demonstrated complexity of the project or unusual conditions, issues and barriers requiring special management team action or performance. The competition is open from January 1 through December 31, 2016. Nominations must be postmarked by 2/3/2017 to be eligible.
Purpose: SEAA has established a number of awards to recognize and honor members for achievements in the steel erection industry.
Top projects awarded demonstrate complex and unique steel erection projects throughout the US. In addition to an exquisite crystal award given during the Steel Erectors Association of America’s Annual Awards Ceremony, the winner receives an in-depth profile appearing in The SEAA Connector™ magazine, the official publication of SEAA.
Eligibility Requirements: All SEAA Erector members are encouraged to participate in the four tier class Project of the Year Awards Program. Projects of any size from anywhere in the world are encouraged to participate.
The nominated project must have been successfully “topped-out” during the months January 1 through December 31, 2016. The project may or may not have won awards or other recognition from other professional associations.
Nomination Evaluation: Remember the panel of judges will be deciding the top-project winner based solely on the information contained with your submittal, so be sure and include supporting project documentation, drawings, photographs, media files, etc., to illustrate the scope of the project.
Submittals will be judged by an “at-large” panel established by the SEAA Awards Committee. Designated judges have a broad spectrum and knowledge of structural design. Nominations must be concise, yet contain enough information to adequately represent the project.
1. Send completed SEAA Project of the Year® (POY) Nomination Form on any nomination
2. Please print or type submittals.
3. Nominations must be concise, yet contain enough
information to adequately represent the project.
4. Attach supporting documents such as:
- Power Point Presentation
- Digital Photographs (High Resolution)
- Erection drawings
- Alternate Media Formats/Multimedia
5. Documentation provided will be used to assist in preparing a Showcase Project article
to be published in The SEAA Connector® publication. The project may or may not have
won awards or other recognition from other professional associations.
6. Definition of Significant Accident/Injury:
- Any incident or accident that resulted in fatal injuries to one or more employee(s) of the Erector‘s project being submitted for consideration or
- Any incident or accident that resulted in fatal injuries to one or more employee(s) of a Subcontractor of the Erector’s project being submitted for consideration or
- Any incident or accident that resulted in fatal injuries to one or more employee(s) of another Subcontractor or other 3rd party which are directly related to the activities of the Erector’s project being submitted for consideration or
- Any injury to one or more employee(s) which results in hospitalization of 3 days or more or
- Any Liability, Builders Risk or Equipment insurance claim(s) that are directly related to activities of the Erector’s project being submitted for consideration which results in a loss of $25,000.00 or more or
- Any uninsured loss of $25,000.00 or more
7. Nomination period is open from January 1, through December 31, 2016.
8. Mail nominations to SEAA Headquarters attention:
SEAA POY Awards
Piedmont Leaf Lofts
401 E. 4th Street, # 204
Winston-Salem, NC 27101-4171
Questions or inquiries regarding the POY program can be directed to Alan Sears, Awards Chairman, email@example.com or the SEAA office (336)294-8880.
Top-project winner will be notified by the SEAA Awards Committee in March 2017. All awards will be presented at the 45th Annual Steel Erectors Association of America Awards Ceremony & Gala Celebration, April 27-29, 2017 in Myrtle Beach, SC.
For more information contact SEAA at (336)294-8880 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Alan Sears at email@example.com