45th Annual Steel Erectors Association of America Convention & Tradeshow
“Attending the SEAA Convention introduced me to some of the best erectors in the country who were more than willing to help me succeed in one of the toughest business climates I can imagine. I owe a lot to SEAA for getting us where we are today. Companies on any level are crazy not to take advantage of this resource.”
Bruce Basden, CEO of Basden Steel Corp., Burleson, Texas
When: Thursday, April 27 – Saturday, April 29, 2017
Where: Kingston Plantation, Myrtle Beach, SC
Hotel: Call 800-876-0010 or book online. Group Rate Code: SEA
- Option 1 Kingston Plantation Condos & Villas (Starting at $140.00)
- Option 2 Embassy Suites ($174.00)
About: Tackling the issues essential to steel erection, presentations are relevant to erectors, first and foremost.
This meeting is small enough to have one-on-one discussions with experts on business, practical, safety, and technical matters,
but large enough to network and develop new relationships with some of the biggest players in steel construction.
Who: Owners, Executives, Safety Managers, Project Managers, Engineers, Fabricators, Field Personnel, and Ironworkers
March 6, 2017: Early Bird Registration Discounts End
March 26, 2017: Hotel Group Rate Expires
April 21, 2017: Last Day to sign up for Fishing Excursion
Education Sessions Friday, April 28 and Saturday, April 29, 2017 are for Managers and Field Personnel, as well as Business Sessions for Erector Owners.
- How to Achieve Maximum Performance through Trust & Accountability
- How OSHA’s Current Regulatory Agenda Affects Erectors
- Shares, Likes, and Tweets: How companies and employees are impacted by new social media communication legislation.
- The Future of Skilled Labor—What can and should be done by contractors and owners to reduce worker shortages
- Incentivized Veteran Employment, An innovative workforce strategy
- Taking a Fresh Approach to Fall Protection
- New Standards Will Change How Erectors Train Aerial Work Platform Users
- What Erectors Need to Know about the Silica Standard
- Project of the Year Presentations
- Sharpening Tools for Employers: A partner for addressing the opioid epidemic
- Enhancing Craft Worker Recruitment Efforts
60+ Exhibits displaying products and services useful to Erectors, including rigging gear, cranes, hand tools, insurance, software, welding gear, and much more.
- Thursday, April 27 7 pm to 9:30 pm, includes Welcome Reception
- Friday, April 28 8 am to 4pm, includes Breakfast and Lunch
“SEAA Convention is a great place to meet the owners of companies. Not only do you get to meet them, but you really get to know them. The event is small enough to get one-on-one time with key decision makers in a relaxed atmosphere.”
Duke Perry, General Manager of Bluearc Stud Welding, Braselton, Ga.
Thursday, April 27
● 2017 George R. Pocock Golf Tournament (Additional registration fees apply.)
● Chartered Ocean Fishing with Calabash Fishing Fleet (Additional registration fees apply. Deadline to register is April 21.)
● Tradeshow and Opening Reception
Friday, April 28
● Tradeshow plus Breakfast and Lunch
● Cocktail Reception
● Gala and Awards Banquet
Saturday, April 29
● Business Meeting
● Social Hour and Dinner
“One of the greatest things about the SEAA Convention is the ability to network with other erectors who are looking to improve their businesses, grow the industry, and join forces in educating the next generation. I have not found this kind of comradery and vision in another group. Attending convention is what brings all of this together in a productive way.”
Jeremy Macliver, President of All Things Metal, Phoenix, Ariz.